10 PR Achievements Because . . . Coronavirus
Six months have passed since the pandemic touched the United States, and the economy stopped. It has been a whirlwind for Friedman Marketing & Public Relations. We had some wins, a lot of losses, new ways of communicating and working, and let’s just say some “learning experiences” not to be repeated. It has been challenging, depressing, and a huge financial stress.
HOWEVER, we’ve changed our focus to other areas, and we’d like to take a deep breath to review our accomplishments, our silver lining, and challenge each of you to do the same. For the sake of sanity.
1. Secured A LOT of great press for our remaining clients that positively impacted their business revenue and survival during the economic downturn. In fact, we’ve secured 35 television segments since April!
2. Created an outreach campaign that provided free DIY PR strategies, key messaging, and training for Dallas businesses. 12 business owners participated in the program, and we loved getting to hear their stories, learn about their industries, and create doable marketing strategies to fit their individual needs. It was truly an exhilarating, refreshing, and inspirational experience for us.
3. Provided pro bono public relations services for FestEvents Foundation’s Staff Meal program. During its ten-week run, Staff Meal provided 25,000 free meals to hospitality workers in-need through donations and volunteer work. After receiving a $40,000 grant, they pivoted to provide funding to restaurants to create the free meals. We are so proud of everything that this volunteer team has achieved so far! Read about them in this month’s Heroes issue of D Magazine.
4. Continued our education by attending Webinars and other virtual discussions. Many thanks to Dallas Morning News, The DEC, PRSA, Krista Medlock, and others for providing educational content and networking opportunities.
5. Researched Public Relations trends, pricing, services, and business structures to stay on top of the industry, remain competitive, and practice strong leadership.
6. Developed and implemented a marketing plan for FMPR, a first in the company’s 17-year history. We have been fortunate to have a strong reputation that has thrived on word-of-mouth marketing.
7. Embraced new social media apps that will make us more effective.
8. Updated our social media handles and website copy.
9. Socialized digitally with business professionals, friends and family through video conferencing.
10. Reconnected with some of our former clients from the last 17 years and started working with them again!