Give the Gift of the Horse this Holiday Season
DALLAS, TX (August 27, 2019) – Give a gift that gives back this holiday season. At Equest, a non-profit in Dallas that has been providing equine assisted activities and therapies for over 35 years to children, adults and veterans with diverse needs, 30 therapy horses assist in life changing work that happens daily. Give the gift of a horse this season and provide hope and healing all year round.
Imagine the freedom that a horse provides for those who are unable to walk; the sensory immersion a horse gives someone diagnosed with Autism, or the calming comfort the human-horse connection creates for veterans and first responders coping with PTS, depression or combat-related symptoms. Equest therapy horses do all this and more.
The list below outlines gift levels, and custom amounts are also available. Gifts can be made at www.equest.org/donate or by calling 972.412.1099.
- $5,000 sponsors the care of a therapy horse for one year.
- $2,500 covers physical or occupational therapy (Hippotherapy) for one client for one 11-week semester.
- $1,000 provides 12 weeks of Equine Facilitated Counseling for a veteran or their family member
- $550 provides a scholarship for one rider for one 11-week semester
- $250 brings our Equine Assisted Learning Program to a local school or library
- $100 provides enough hay to feed the therapy herd for one day
- $50 covers monthly supplements for one therapy horse
Founded in 1981, Equest provides equine assisted learning, therapies and counseling to children and adults with physical, cognitive, sensory, coping and learning disabilities and veterans with adjustment challenges. The services provided include physical and occupational therapy, equine facilitated counseling and equine assisted learning, therapeutic carriage driving, therapeutic horsemanship and competition. With the help of 30 therapy horses, eight instructors, four therapists, two counselors, and 400 volunteers, lives are changed for more than 2,000 served annually. Equest was the first PATH International Premier Accredited Center in Texas and remains one of the largest in the country. Equest offers an engaging volunteer program that provides 30,000 hours of direct program service opportunities each year. www.equest.org
“A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot.” – John Steinback